Hello everyone, this article is about how to find vulnerabilities in a website. Similarly, you can also find vulnerabilities in the WordPress website.
Before you can detect vulnerabilities, first know them. There are a lot of vulnerabilities. Practice and understand how exploitation works for each of them. Because it is important to understand them to make yourself robust when you find any bug
If you’re not familiar with vulnerabilities, here are the top threats :
- Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)-This type of attack injects client-side scripts into the pages viewed by the user. An attacker may have access to user cookies, session IDs, passwords, private messages and more.
- Injection attacks-Command injection, Classic / Blind SQL injection (Content-based, Time-based)
- Insecure Direct Object References- Attack which exposes a link to an internal object of reference such as a file, registry key or directory without the user’s secure validation.
- Using Known Vulnerable Components-The operating system itself, the CMS used, the webserver or plugins could be this type of attack. “Registered components of vulnerability”
- Unvalidated Redirects and Forwards(Open Redirect) — Allows the attacker to redirect a user to an untrusted website when the user visits a page on a trustworthy website.
- Security Misconfiguration-This allows attackers to unauthorize their default passwords, unused web pages, unpatched flaws, unprotected files and directories, and more.
While there are many more vulnerabilities such as LFI, RFI, RCE, directory traversal, and so on, to find them effectively, you need to spend more time learning these vulnerabilities.
These are online website scanning tools To find vulnerabilities in a website
They fix hacks and prevent future attacks. A cloud-based platform for every site.
SSL Labs is a collection of documents, tools, and thoughts related to SSL. It’s an attempt to better understand how SSL is deployed, and an attempt to make it better.
SSL Labs is a non-commercial research effort, and we welcome participation from any individual and organization interested in SSL.
Quttera is a cybersecurity software and services company that delivers a technology platform and solutions to help organizations monitor and protect their web assets from malware. They specialize in the detection of web-based security threats: exploits, trojans, worms, shell-codes and other kinds of malicious software.
Detectify performs automated security tests on your web application and databases and scans your assets for vulnerabilities including OWASP Top 10, CORS, Amazon S3 Bucket, and DNS misconfigurations
The website scanning feature is a great solution for all website owners. It was developed by They engineers who have many years experience in website security. website scanner intelligently crawls your website and identify all possible infections and backdoors on your website. Every day they update the database of website scanner and add new features to keep All website safe.
Acunetix is the first world-renowned and world security leader company to create a fully dedicated and fully automated web vulnerability scanner. Furthermore, it is also trusted by customers from the most in-demand sectors including 500 fortuned companies.
UpGuard scans billions of digital assets daily across thousands of vectors. Data leak detection, typosquatting protection, vulnerability scanning, and identity breach detection are just some of the advanced capabilities offered by the UpGuard platform.
Tinfoil Security is a simple, developer-friendly service that lets you scan your website for vulnerabilities and fix them quickly and easily.
Thank you for reading. I hope you like this post. Please share your knowledge with others also because sharing is caring. Stay tuned.